It’s FRRRRIIIIDAY and I feel like celebrating! We’ll be having Thanksgiving at my mama’s house tomorrow so you might not hear from me for the next few weeks #bringonthepiecoma. So for today we talk Christmas! Que the fake snow and the White Christmas soundtrack!
This past weekend, Robb took me on a wonderful little trip to Georgia that included IKEA! While Atlanta is not that far of a drive it’s not somewhere I get to go that often but somehow, this is my third trip this year. Let me tell you it did not disappoint one bit mostly because IT WAS ALL CHRISTMAS!!! I was pretty much Buddy the Elf the whole day #smilingismyfavorite.
(disclaimer before we go any further: these are all iPhone pictures. I left the big mama camera in the car. Big mistake.)
Why I love it with all my heart:
- Various dishtowels for napkins tied to the chair with the same ribbon! Read that again, it’s about 47 reasons in one sentence. I’ve already hopped on the dishtowel bandwagon so bring on the unifying ribbon!
- Red, Red and more RED.
- Ribbon around the lights.
- Faux wood fabric everywhere,
- Did I mention how much red they used?
- That “ribbon” I keep mentioning is not really ribbon but strips of fabric. Shabby cute!
- White dishes to keep it classy.
- Trios of varied texture centerpieces. So yummy!
Here’s where things get a little more earthy. This would make a great Thanksgiving, Christmas or just seasonal table. Greenery down the middle, texture-y balls, bambooish dinnerware and what? A pop of red underneath.
I am still so mad at Ikea for being out of those silver snowflake table runners, but I still love this table. Not too fussy, plenty of red and room for the important part FOOD!
This next one makes be almost wish I had not painted my black chargers gold.
I picked up a few items (NOT that table runner. Shame on you Ikea!) Just wait until I get my table all set. I bet you can’t guess what color it’s going to be!
Anyone else seen the Ikea Christmas this year? Are you all about the red too?