This was an absolutely wonderful Christmas! WONDERFUL! It was our first married Christmas (yay!), we got to spend time with lots and lots of family, ate so much yummy food I don’t know if I’ll ever recover and we were very, very blessed with gifts. I don’t mean to imply that Christmas is at all about gifts, I know it’s not but I had to take the opportunity to highlight some of my Christmas Superlatives that I think you’ll really like as well.
1. Most Intellectual– I am a huge nerd and did a happy dance when I got these books. I got a couple of new cookbooks (do you see a theme?) and some design books that have been on my list for quite a while.
2. Most Demanding- I have wanted this forever! I was lucky enough to attend a cooking class with my team from work last year. The chef at the cooking school had this hanging in the kitchen and I have wanted it ever since. We finally found it at TJ Maxx so I got it for Christmas.
4. Most Protective– Look under the birds and you’ll find our new placemats. The color is just perfect on Paula and I love that she is protected from the everyday stuff.
6. Most Thoughtful- With our extended family, only the kids get gifts. It’s just the way it always works and that is just fine with everyone- until this year. My cousin’s sweet kids decided to use their chore money to buy everyone gifts- I mean everyone. It was just the sweetest thing ever! Here is what I got.
11. Most Antique– My parents got these letterpress blocks from their friend at the flea market. I’m not totally sure where they will go yet, but I can imagine the perfect vignette they will complete. Love!
12. Nuttiest- I mentioned before that I collect Nutcrackers so I got a few new ones this year. This is actually my first girl nutcracker! My cousins got her for me because she looks like me. So sweet!
13. Cutest/Most Random/Best Sense of Humor– I have never seen Star Wars. Ever. But this little guy is so cute, what’s not to love?
There you have it! Just a few of my favorites from this year, there may be a few more things that will be featured soon- like something to shed some new light in the dining room (hint, hint) I’m so excited and still so thankful and grateful for all the wonderful blessings of this Christmas!