I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did! I think I still have a food hangover, but I couldn’t miss the chance to link-up with NewlyWoodwards for another Dare to DIY project. (Take a look here if you missed week one or two.) This week- Dare to Eat Cookies, was almost more than I could stand after four days of eating, eating and more eating. So I decided to try out a new cookie recipe for my favorite girl. Allow me to introduce you to…
Isn’t she the CUTEST? Love her! Avery is just the best girl but she recently had some tummy issues and we discovered an amazing cure: Pumpkin. It cures all puppy tummy troubles and they LOVE it. So, when I ran across this recipe for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Treats I had to whip her up a batch. It is super easy. Here are the deets:
What You Need:
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How To Do It:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the all your ingredients in a bowl. Start with a whisk and then dig in with your hands. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable (I added about 1/4 cup), but it should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until hard to the touch. Cool and then let you four legged-baby enjoy!
Easy Peasy! Avery waited patiently to try one…
The Verdict: She loved it, I mean LOVED it! There is even an added bonus- these smell soooo good when you’re baking them. Think about it, peanut butter, pumpkin and cinnamon. yum!
you your furry babies enjoy the post-Thanksgiving treat as much as Avery did!